Papaya is a delicious sweet treat, and living on the islands, we are fortunate to have access to bright orange-colored tree-ripened fruit – Loaded with anti-oxidants like carotenes and vitamin C, and enzymes.
As part of breakfast, catering retreats, I like serving – 1/2 papaya filled with yogurt, seasonal fruit & toppings for crunch!
PAPAYA DELIGHT Recipe, Servings 2
I N G R E D I E N T S :
- 1 bright orange colored non-GMO papaya
- 1 cup fresh goat’s yogurt or other
- 1/4 cup fresh berries, dried goji berries, raisins or dates
- 1/4 cup GF granola (optional)
- 2 tablespoons seed and nut mix like: pumpkin, chia and pecan
- fresh mint, slivered
- Cut papaya in half and scrape out seeds.
- Divide yogurt and other ingredients between the 2 halves.
- Sprinkle with fresh mint
Variation: Papaya served by itself with fresh squeezed lime juice is delightfully refreshing!