Today’s Delivered Salad is All-Star Winner in Taste and Nutrition!
OH BABY! SPINACH SALAD RECIPE, 4 Servings
I N G R E D I E N T S :
- 4 large handfuls Baby Spinach (washed in salad spinner)
- 1 medium-sized red Beet
- 2 Sweet petite Yellow Peppers or 1/2 regular Bell Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Red Onion or Scallions (white part), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Raw Pecans, toasted, rough chop
- 1/4 cup Raw Goat’s Cheese, soft, crumbled
Gently scrub the Beet and cut in half to shorten cooking time. Steam with steaming basket in pot for about 1/2 hour, check with small sharp knife for done-ness. In the meantime: Toast Pecans, either in oven or in pan with medium heat, be careful not to burn. Wash Baby Spinach in salad spinner and set aside to drain. Thinly slice Peppers and Onion.
Once cooled, cut the beet into quarters and thinly slice. Combine Spinach, Peppers and Onion – Dress with Balsamic Dressing (recipe below). Divide the Salad into 4 individual wide bowls, decorate with Beet slices, Pecans (cooled) and crumbled Goat’s Cheese. Voila! – A real hearty salad that can serve as a meal on its own, especially if served on a bed of quinoa.
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Honey (I didn’t have Honey on hand, so used Brown Sugar)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and fresh ground Black Pepper to taste